Saturday, January 29, 2011

Waffles with refrigerated batter

We have a busy day today starting with the Pinewood Derby at 10. The kids have been asking for waffles but I wanted to make ones where I could make the batter the night before. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week! So go ahead and make a double, triple, or even quadruple batch and have yourself some waffles. You can make extra and freeze them or stick then in the fridge and then just reheat them in the oven for a few minutes for a super fast, easy, homemade breakfast. Just as fast as store bought but cheaper and better for you!
You will need:
2 eggs
2 C flour
1 3/4 C milk
1/2 C vegetable oil
4 tsp baking powder
1 T sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Whisk the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla together. Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and whisk just till combined. At this point you can either stick it in the fridge or make you some waffles, or both. :) If you have stuck the batter in the fridge all you need to do when you pull it out to make waffles is give it a good whisk to make sure it is all combined again.

Here are my first two waffles. The vultures were already circling but they know no one gets a waffle until there are 3 done. As you can see I scored a double waffle maker on QVC one night. I LOVE this thing! It allows me to keep up with the kids. If this thing ever dies I will not rest until I buy another one. It is an essential part of my house. Now I would of taken a picture of the pile of them, or even one cut up with yummy syrup on it, but in my house once you call breakfast you get trampled and are very busy refilling plates until there are no crumbs left so there was no time for more pictures. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment