Monday, August 22, 2011

Easy pancake syrup

So my kids have an obsession with pancakes and waffles. Because of this we go through a lot of syrup. One morning I was getting ready to serve up pancakes when I realized I was out of syrup. I needed a quick and easy recipe and I found this one.
You will need:
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C water
1 tsp maple flavoring
1-2 tsp butter optional









Take a small saucepan and put in the sugars and water. Slowly heat it up and stir till all the sugar is dissolved. Bring up to a boil, and boil for 2-3 minutes stirring to prevent burning. Turn the heat down so it is no longer boiling and add the maple flavoring and butter if you want. Go ahead and turn it off at this point. It is not ready to pour over your breakfast! If you want it a little thicker you can boil it longer but it will thicken a bit when it cools.

Go ahead and put it in a container to store in the fridge. I have been making this for months now and it super easy. I no longer buy syrup in the store. I have made it without the maple flavoring if I am out and it does taste different but the kids do not seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment